The weather here changed dramatically from warm sunshine on Saturday to rain on Sunday. It's probably just as well that it wasnít fine all weekend, since I was attending an excellent writing workshop led by novelist Amanda Hodgkinson with our local writing group. It was concentrated but fun. Amanda also wrote the foreword to our last anthology, Foreign and Far Away.
Dianne has posted this weekís blog. A thoughtful piece about plotting and how she approaches it, given that she has restricted writing time. Some very useful tips, too.
The Monday Muses this week are courtesy of Alyson, with a great selection of prompts, most of them aimed at getting us started on our anthology 2015's theme of light.
The April Challenge is well underway. Jo has a 750-word story, Alyson has a fiction and a non-fiction piece and Glyn has got off the blocks with a poem for Kaleidoscope. Please give them the benefit of your critiques.
The Bragging Stool has filled up this week.
- Glyn/John is in demand for poetry readings at literary festivals. His publisher Mosaique Press also wants to publish another chapbook of his poems.
- Angelaís story ĎThe Cimmerian Clubí was performed live in Leeds by Liarsí League.
- Rilla had an article in Danish about anti-immigration tendencies in Denmark published in an online newspaper.
- One of Alysonís flash fiction stories was shortlisted in this monthís Writing Magazine.
- And Jill has had two stories accepted by Alfie Dog Fiction website.
Congratulations to all Ė nice to see so much activity.
The Call for Submissions for our next anthology, Kaleidoscope, has been finalised. So please spread it around to ex-pat writers of your acquaintance wherever you can. Youíll find the final version on DropBox in the Anthology 2015 folder. But please remember NOT to cut and paste it, simply to copy the file to your own computer.
Glyn is also marshalling the reading groups in advance for the anthology submissions. If you are keen to be on the poetry group, please let him know (and also tell him if you want to do fiction, too). Otherwise, assume you will be on one of the fiction groups.
The next formal chat is on Sunday 26th April 11 am CET with Doreen in the chair. Apologies to Doreen/Jo please. I canít make it this time, unfortunately.
Thatís it. Let me know if Iíve missed anything. Have a good writing week.